Our school mission statement
"We will challenge, excite and encourage a love of life and learning in every child."
Our key aims
- Promote a fully inclusive community where everyone feels happy, safe and secure.
- Create an innovative curriculum that is challenging, creative, exciting and purposeful, which ensures excellence for all children.
- Enable all pupils to reach their full potential academically and by nurturing other talents.
- Produce caring, respectful, considerate citizens of 21st century Britain.
- Develop resilient learners who take risks and learn from their mistakes.
- Ignite a lifelong love of learning and prepare pupils for a successful career.
Our Curriculum Beliefs
Pupils at Wistaston Church Lane will enjoy a curriculum which promotes a high standard of English and academic achievement. We believe that Maths, Science and Technology skills will enable pupils to enjoy exceptional career opportunities in the future. High quality PE sessions will promote healthy and active lifestyles. Our desire to promote excellence in Art and Music will allow pupils' creativity to flourish. Our curriculum will develop curiosity and a wider understanding of the world. We promote resilience and independent thinking.
We believe in developing the whole child and give a child-centred learning experience with diverse opportunities in order to produce well-rounded citizens of the future. By the time that children leave Wistaston Church Lane Academy our pupils will have had the chance to:
- Visit our capital city
- Learn to swim
- Build a Lego model
- Perform in a play
- Learn to play a musical instrument
- Visit a museum
- Watch a show in a theatre
- Participate in competitive sport
- Experience other cultures and religions
- Develop a product from start to finish
- Learn from an author
- Perform in a talent show
- Use up-to-date technology
- Enter a writing competition
- Learn to ride a bike safely
- Visit an art gallery
- Plant a flower or tree and watch it grow
- Develop a sense of financial management