Sometimes parents need some support with their child at home and a parenting course may help.
We can refer parents to courses when needed.
You can read more about what these courses are involved below, and make an informed decision about whether it is right for you and your situation.
Please note that these courses are not run by the school, but by Cheshire East Family Service. Also, remember that the courses are not available at all times. Parents can attend with a referral from school or another professional.
The Incredible Years
The incredible Years® parenting programme is an evidence based program developed by Carolyn Webster-Stratton. Using group discussions, skills practice, video clips and more.
The incredible Years programme covers the following
- How to strengthen children’s social skills and emotional regulation.
- Techniques and guidance around ‘playing’ with your child.
- Using praise and encouraging positive behaviour.
- Positive discipline: Rules Routines Effective limit setting Ignoring negative behaviours Correct use of time out
It is ann evidence based 14 week programme and is ideal for parents who need to build on their attachment and relationship with their child/children.
Suited for parents with children aged 6 to 12 years, including children with ASC/ADHD or are awaiting a diagnosis.
123 Magic Parenting
123 Magic Parenting Course is an evidence-based 4-week programme. It is a simple and effective way of managing your child’s behaviour.
It is suited to parents with children aged 2 -12 years, including children with ASC/ADHD or are awaiting a diagnosis.
123 Magic allows you to get back in charge of your home and enjoy your children again by helping you set limits and breaking down the complex task of parenting into 3 steps:
- Controlling Unwanted Behaviours - Learn techniques to get children to STOP doing what you don’t want them to do.
- Encouraging Good Behaviour - Learn methods to get children to START doing what you want them to do.
- Strengthen Relationships - Learn techniques that reinforce the bond between you and your children.
Triple P Group and Teen Parenting
Group and Teen Triple P are 8 week courses, offering group based support to parents of children aged 2 - 12 and teenagers.
It consists of four 2 hour group sessions, three phone call sessions then one 2 hour final session.
Triple P stands for Positive Parenting Programme and is designed to help you understand how your family works. It will also help you to:
- Understand positive parenting
- Encourage appropriate behaviour
- Manage problem behaviour
- Deal with risky behaviour
- Take care of yourself as a parent
During the course there will be a variety of activities and discussions which will ultimately help you to:
- Communicate effectively with your family
- Understand and manage difficult behaviour
- Build a better relationship with your teenager/child