At Wistaston Church Lane Academy we are committed to provide a caring, friendly and safe environment for all of our learners where they can learn in a relaxed, safe and secure atmosphere. Bullying of any kind is unacceptable at our school. Our team of trained Anti-Bullying Ambassadors from Year 4-6 support all staff to ensure that our learners can be educated in a safe and happy environment. Bullying is taken seriously and will not be tolerated.
We have signed up to the Cheshire Anti-Bullying Charter (you can read more below).
If bullying does occur, all pupils should be able to tell an adult and know that incidents will be dealt with promptly and effectively. We are a TELLING school – anyone who knows that bullying is happening is expected to tell staff. The school will always investigate every report of a bullying incident.
Bullying can have a devastating effect on individuals and it is expected that staff and pupils take it seriously.
Through our practices, our aims are as follows:
- To enable everyone to feel safe, happy and respected at school.
- To educate and help everyone to understand what is meant by the term ‘bullying’ and also what ‘anti-bullying’ is, so we can help each other and aim to prevent bullying in school.
- To make it clear that all forms of bullying are unacceptable at our school and no one deserves to be bullied
- To encourage pupils to report any incident of bullying
- To deal with each incident of bullying as quickly and as effectively as possible, taking into consideration the needs of all parties and of our community, and, as a result, to reduce the incidents of bullying
- To support and protect victims of bullying and ensure they are listened to
- To help and support pupils/young people displaying bullying behaviour to change their attitudes and understand why it needs to change
- To liaise with parents and other appropriate members of our community