Like lots of schools, parking can be difficult at school as we are unable to offer parking for parents.
Therefore, due to the lack of a car park for parents and carers, we have strict parking guidelines in place to else parking problems and to help local residents. We expect all parents and carers to adhere to this guidance.
We also ask for general courtesy and consideration towards fellow drivers and local residents when parking. Please ensure that, if someone else is dropping off or collecting your child, you make them aware of these guidelines.
We encourage as many of you as possible to walk to school!
- Please ensure that all pupils and adults use the pedestrian crossing outside school – when adults use it, it sets a good example to our pupils.
- Please do not park across the driveways of local residents.
- Please do not park within 10m of a junction.
- Please do not park in front of, or obstruct in any way, the entrance to the staff car parks.
- Please do not park in the staff car park.
- Please do not park or stop on the yellow zigzagged lines outside school.
- Please do not park opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space.
- Please use the spaces outside the shops correctly, obeying the painted white lines and respecting the marked time limits.
- Please do not park on the grass verge outside St. Mary’s Church.
- Please do not block access to any lowered kerbs.
- Please do not block the school drive.
- Please drop off and collect your children as quickly as possible to minimise the parking problem.
- Please do not use the Memorial Hall car park during the afternoons.
- Please do not use the Sports Ground car park.
We understand that parking at the beginning and end of the school day is not easy but if we all adhere to these guidelines, hopefully we will be able to keep it as ‘stress-free’ as possible.