Work at Wistaston Church Lane
Wistaston Church Lane Academy is a special place to learn and work. It is a school that believes in happy staff as well as happy children.
Read below about why it is great to work here!
25 hours per week - Grade 3 – Salary £18,562 – £18,933 (pro rata, £10,498 - £10,948)
Part Time (25 Hours Per Week, 38 weeks per year); also includes benefits of up to 30 holiday days per year, plus bank holidays (pro rata) and access to the LGPS Pension Scheme and employee discounts platform.
Wistaston Church Lane Academy are looking to appoint a permanent Clerical Assistant for their busy school office from September 2021. This is an exciting opportunity to join the school’s administration team. The 25 hours will be split over 5 days Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 1.30pm.
The role will involve providing clerical support using various ICT packages and the use of various office equipment. You will also be front of house and first point of contact for families and sometimes staff and pupils.
The successful candidate should be a professional, well organised and a motivated individual who has excellent customer service skills, as well as the ability to pay attention to detail. Experience of working in a school environment would be advantageous but not essential. In return the school will offer you; the opportunity to work in a welcoming friendly environment with the support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues. As well as being supported by The Learning for Life Partnership’s collaborative network of office professionals and having access to the employee benefits listed above.
Wistaston Church Lane Academy and The Learning for Life Partnership are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of all pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to have an enhanced DBS clearance with our organisation as well as other pre-employment checks including references from a present and previous employer and a confidential health check.
To obtain an application pack please email Nova Harvey, operations Manager at HR@tlflp.co.uk. Please do not use a Cheshire East Application Form.
You should return your completed application form with a supporting letter of no more than 2 A4 sides, detailing how you meet the person specification to HR@tlflp.co.uk.
Closing Date: Friday 16 July 2021
Short Listing: Monday 19th July 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 20th July 2021
We have a vacancy for a Midday Assistant.
The role is Monday to Friday, 12 to 1.15pm. This is 6.25 hours a week, over 38 weeks a year. This is a gross pay of £2572.94 to £2630.89 per year.
If you are interested, please complete the application form below and send in to the school office. Please contact us for further details.
Initiatives to support staff wellbeing
As well as a reasonable working expectation, the school offers various initiatives intended to support staff wellbeing. The list of initiatives include:
- Clear and visible school leaders who take the time to listen and get to know you
- Reasonable and fair expectations
- A performance management process designed to encourage personal growth
- Weekly staff briefing to improve communication
- Continuing professional development for all staff members
- No expectation to reply to emails at unsociable hours
- Protected PPA Half day - taken off site if needed, and time with a colleague wherever possible
- Subject leader release time
Feedback and Marking
- Revised feedback and marking policy to reduce marking commitment but ensure maximum impact for the children’s learning - reviewed annually
- Revised home practice so that is more internet based to reduce teacher marking workload
Assessment and Reporting
- Removal of Mid-Year Reviews as we felt it created work for little work for impact
- End of Year Report reduced in size
- No individual lesson plans and no requirement to hand in short term plans
- Short term planning formats are entirely up to the teacher
- Time offered to Teaching Assistants to plan Phonics
- Non-contact time for class cover Teaching Assistants
- A typical maximum of three lesson visits a year and these are not used for performance management, i.e. not used in isolation for pay progression decisions
- Free tea and coffee
- Staff meeting time back in relation to residentials
- Where appropriate, twilights will be used instead of an INSET day
- Colleagues can leave straight after school as long as they are up-to-date with things
- Staff Shout Out Board
- Free Christmas dinner/Easter dinner
- Free staff wellbeing support including 24-hour GP line, counselling and free physiotherapy sessions
- Employee benefit scheme giving discounts at shops
- Fair policies regarding dependents leave
- Regular staff social events
- An annual collection of funds from all staff members which will be used to pay for gifts at difficult times and for special occasions
- Comfortable staff room
- PPA room available
Unique to Church Lane
- Low exclusions and well-behaved children
- We listen to feedback and act on it where it is felt reasonable and practical, e.g. removal of Take Part Days as colleagues felt it was a lot of work for little gain
- Resources, like whiteboard pens and glue sticks available at all times
The Church Lane Way
The Church Lane Way is the agreed way that we do things at Wistaston Church Lane. We all buy in to this approach and make it work for the success of the children, the school and the community.
Working at Wistaston Church Lane is a privilege. We all share our CARE behaviours which govern our behaviour and attitudes to work.
Child-Centred: We are driven by the needs and interests of our children
Ambitious: We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best sustainable education and experience for learners
Respect: We respect and value those who we work with and the contribution that they make
Enthusiasm: We are passionate about making working and learning at Church Lane a positive experience
A description of these behaviours is in the documents section below.
|Application Form 2018||02nd Dec 2020||Download|
|Recruitment pack 2020 2021||09th Dec 2020||Download|
|The Church Lane Way||09th Feb 2021||Download|
|Staff Wellbeing Policy 2020||29th Nov 2020||Download|
|WCL Clerical Assistant G3 JD Final||05th Jul 2021||Download|
|WCL Clerical Officer Advert July 21 Final||05th Jul 2021||Download|
|WCL Clerical Officer Person Specification Final||05th Jul 2021||Download|