Welcome to Reception!
We have two classes - The Brown Bears and the Hungry Caterpillars
The Brown Bears Class Teacher is Miss White. Miss White is also our Early Years Lead.
The Hungry Caterpillars Class Teacher is Miss Hulme.
Throughout the week we have some wonderful teaching assistants working with us:
Miss Valente, Mrs Pownall and Miss Friesener.
- Reading books and records need to be in school everyday so that children can read with a member of staff.
- Reading books are changed twice a week and your child will bring home a book banded reading book and a shared book.
- Children will need to have wellies and a waterproof coat in school at all times to play outside in all weathers.
- Please can you name all of your child's belongings and help them to practise recognising them at home.
As we are now in a national lock down, your child will be able to access their remote learning here.
There are links to useful resources and games that can be clicked to enable children to access their learning at home.
The suggested timings on these documents are for guidance only.
We would like to remind you that the nature of a typical school day in reception would be 15-20 minute lessons in-between “busy bee learning time” during which the children will learn through play.
Therefore we would suggest that you complete tasks on this sheet throughout the day and then allow the children time to play, go for a walk, get some exercise etc before doing another activity.
Monday 18th January
Todays live sessions are taking place at 11.30 and 2.30 - we hope to see you there!
Ladybird ladybird rhyme - t-t-2546479-ladybird-ladybird-song-powerpoint-ver-2-1.ppt
Tuesday 19th January 2021
Phonics play game - username: jan21 password: home
Wednesday 20th January 2021
Live Lessons are at 9.15 and 1pm - we hope to see you there!
Other Resources for This Weeks Learning (Other Curriculum Activities section)
Other-Activities-CVC-FRAMES.pdf - this is a large document - just choose one or two pages to complete!
You will recieve a login for this this week following your live session on either Monday or Wednesday.
Here is a letter explaining a little more about it -
Useful Websites and Links for EYFS
In this section you will find links to websites and apps which you can use to support your childrens learning at home
https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ using the following free login details username: jan21 password: home
https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/ - currently free if used on a computer. Small charge for use on ipads / other devices
https://www.phonicshero.com/ - currently offering a 7 day free trial
https://readingeggs.co.uk/- currently offering a 30 day free trial for website and app users
Alphablocks are another fun way to learn phonics - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b01cz0p1/alphablocks
Numberblocks are a great way to learn numbers and have fun - available on IPlayer and as an app too!
Ten Town - Your child will have a login for ten town. Please speak to your class teacher if you have lost your login details.
Other websites to support with learning in EYFS
- Twinkl https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/parents They are currently providing some activities and resources for free.
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk - some brilliant games and activities!
- http://www.ictgames.com - ICT games for different subjects
- www.busythings.co.uk - Excellent site built around the 7 areas of learning in the Early Years Foundation Stage. You can access a free 7 day trial but you need to subscribe after this period to access the content – various subscription packages available.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/barnabybear/ - Visit the world with Barnaby Bear!
This link shows lots of useful apps for early years -
This document also gives further ideas of apps you can download
PE - in school and during lockdown
Reception have PE on Thursdays.
For children in school during lockdown it is Monday and Thursday
On these days we ask that children come to school in their PE clothes rather than their school uniform.
Weather dependant they can wear their shorts and school coloured PE T- shirt and House PE sweatshirt. If the weather is cold, then track suit bottoms/leggings would be more suitable. Trainers are preferable to pumps as it is possible the children may be outdoors for some lessons.
PE with Joe Wicks
Dont forget you can join in with PE lessons with bodycoach Joe Wicks every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during lockdown -
Virtual PE Lessons
Our friends over at sports coaching north west have set up a youtube channel where they will be hosting daily PE lessons during the lockdown
Parents can subscribe to our Youtube channel where children and parents can join us live daily from 10am or if you cannot make 10am the videos will all be stored and available for use at a time that suits you.
The link for the Sports Coaching Group Channel is below, all videos will appear here:
Monday – Well Being
Tuesday – Challenge Day
Wednesday - Fundamental Fun
They have also provided 2 weeks worth of PE lesson plans that you can use at home!