Welcome to Year 3!
Your teachers are Mrs. Lawrie and Mr Harrison.
Your teaching assistants are Mr. Farrall and Mrs. Machin.
Our topic this term is
'Do you have to be brave to live in a cave?'
This half term we will be focusing on The Stone Age. We will use our history knowledge and skills to dive in to this exciting time period. As part of our topic work we will look at who the Stone Age people were and when they lived, the different homes that they used to live in, the food they ate, the tools they made and used as well as the wonderful cave paintings that they created.
Through our English work we will use vocabulary linked to the time period and use our knowledge to write a historical narrative based on the book 'Stone Age Boy'.
In our English we will be focusing on the following aspects of writing:
- Form nouns with a range of prefixes
- Use present and past tenses correctly and consistently including progressive and present perfect forms
- Use inverted commas to punctuate direct speech (using dialogue to show relationship between characters)
- Build a varied and rich vocabulary
Our new reading book this half term is:
In our reading we will be focusing on the following concepts:
- Draw inferences (inferring characters’ feelings, thoughts and motives from their actions); justify with evidence
- Identify themes and conventions in a wide range of books
- Discuss words and phrases that capture the readers interest and imagination
In maths this half term we will be foucing on the following concepts:
- To write and calculate mathematical statements for multiplication and division using the multiplication tables that they know, including for two-digit numbers times one-digit numbers, using mental and progressing to formal written methods
- To recall multiplication and division knowledge and use multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 multiplication tables
- To solve multiplication and division problems, including missing number problems, involving multiplication and division, including positive integer scaling problems and correspondence problems in which n objects are connected to m objects
Year 3 have PE on Tuesday and Friday.
On these days we ask that children come to school in their PE clothes rather than their school uniform.
Weather dependant they can wear their shorts and school coloured PE T- shirt and House PE sweatshirt. If the weather is cold, then track suit bottoms/leggings would be more suitable. Trainers are preferable to pumps as it is possible the children may be outdoors for some lessons.
Long Term Plan
|Y3H||Mondays and Tuesdays (Starting Week 3 - 19.01.21)|
|Y3L||Mondays and Tuesdays (Starting Week 3 - 19.01.21)|
Y3 Live Sessions -WB 18th January 2021
|Monday||10.45am & 2.00pm|
|Wednesday||11.30am & 2.30pm|
|Friday||10.00am & 1.30pm|
There will be free reading and writing activities from the national literacy Trust through the Oak Academy and a popular children's author or illustrator will provide you with free books, exclusive videos and their top three recommended reads each week.
This week, Jacqueline Wilson is the special guest talking about and sharing the story of Tracy Beaker.
Follow the link below to access a Virtual School Library:
WB 11.01.21 -Remote Learning Resources
Here you will find any resources that are referred to in the daily home learning grid.
Monday 18th January -Remote Learning Resources
In this section you will find all of the resources needed for Monday's sessions.
Spellings (During Friday's morning live session there will be a spelling test focusing on this week's spelling pattern -ture. Find spelling sheet in Monday's resources folder)
Tuesday 19th January -Remote Learning Resources
In this section you will find all of the resources needed for Tuesday's sessions.
Wednesday 20th January -Remote Learning Resources
In this section you will find all of the resources needed for Wednesday's sessions.
Live Session (AM)
Live Session (PM)
Thursday 21st January -Remote Learning Resources
In this section you will find all of the resources needed for Thursday's sessions.
Friday 22nd January -Remote Learning Resources
In this section you will find all of the resources needed for Friday's sessions.
English, Stone Age Boy
Remote Learning -Maths Answer Booklets
Below are the Power Maths and Maths Practice Home Learning answer booklets.