Welcome to Year 3!
Your teachers are Miss Hennahane and Mr Harrison.
Your teaching assistants are Mr. Farrall and Mrs. Machin.
Our topic this term is
'Who Were the Ancient Egyptians?'
Topic - Ancient Egypt
This half term we will begin to look at the Ancient Egyptians and their history.
English - Writing
In our English work we will be working towards writing an adventure story based on 'Journey', with the writing style of Berlie Doherty.
We will be focusing on the following aspects of writing:
- Use the present perfect form of verbs in contrast to the past tense
- Use prepositions, conjunctions and adverbs to express time, place and cause (demonstrating some awareness of purpose through selection of relevant content)
- Group related ideas into paragraphs
- Use a or an according to whether the next word begins with a noun or a consonant
English - Reading
Our new reading book this half term is:
In our reading we will be focusing on the following concepts:
- Retrieve and record information
- Identify how language, structure and presentation contribute to meaning
- Retrieve and record information from non-fiction
- Use dictionaries to check the meaning of words that children have read
In maths this half term we will be focusing on the following concepts:
- Comparing multiplication and division statements using inequality signs
- Use known multiplication facts to solve other multiplication problems
- Find multiplication and division fact families
- Learn to multiply and divide by partitioning
- Solve mixed multiplication and division problems including multi-step problems
Year 3 have PE on Tuesday and Friday.
On these days we ask that children come to school in their PE clothes rather than their school uniform.
Children will have athletics with Sports Coaching NW and netball with their class teachers this half term.
Long Term Plan
Spring 2, Week 3, (W/C 08.03.21)