Future Year 4 Children 2021-2022
Whitemoor Lakes Residential Information
Parents information Powerpoint
Welcome to Year 4
Your teachers are Miss White (4W) and Mrs Culshaw (4C).
Your teaching assistants are Miss Barnett and Mrs Valente.
REMINDER: Please bring your musical instrument every Wednesday
Our topic this term is: Gorilla
Our book we are studying in our writing is:
The focus for our main piece of assessed writing is to write a narrative based on the story of 'Gorilla'.
- expanded noun phrases by the addition of modifying ajectives, nouns and prepositional phrases
- choose the appropriate nouns / pronouns for clarity and cohesion
- use fronted adverbials
- paragraphs to organise
- commas after fronted adverbials
This is the book our guided reading is based on for this half term.
We will be focussing on:
- clarifying vocabulary and terminology linked to the subject matter
- language and structure of a non-fiction text and how it contributes to menaing
- retrieve and record information from a non-fiction text
In maths this half term we will be:
- number and place value
- addition and subtraction
- multiplication and division
- x3, x4, x6, x7, x8, x9, x7, x11 and x12
Science: Animals including humans
Geography: Celtic Britain
PSHE: Self- esteem & Positive Thinking
Year 4 have PE on Monday and Tuesday until October half term.
On these days we ask that children come to school in their PE clothes rather than their school uniform.
Weather dependant they can wear their shorts and school coloured PE T- shirt and House PE sweatshirt. If the weather is cold, then track suit bottoms/leggings would be more suitable. Trainers are preferable to pumps as it is possible the children may be outdoors for lessons.
Long Term Plan
Times Table Practice
Times Table Songs
BugClub / Power Maths