Welcome to Year 4
Your teachers are Miss White (4W) and Mrs Culshaw (4C).
Your teaching assistants are Miss Barnett and Mrs Valente.
REMINDER: Please bring your musical instrument every Wednesday
Our topic this term is: What makes the Earth angry?
Our book we are studying in our writing is:
The focus for our main piece of assessed writing is to write your own version of 'When the Giant Stirred' in the first person from the point of view of the boy in the story.
- use past and present tensetenses appropriately
- sequence events
- section story into beginning, middle and end
- use 3rd person consistently
- write expanded noun phrases
- use inverted comma to punctuate direct speech
This is the book our guided reading is based on for this half term.
We will be focussing on:
- clarifying vocabulary and terminology linked to the subject matter
- language and structure of a non-fiction text and how it contributes to menaing
- retrieve and record information from a non-fiction text
In maths this half term we will be:
- *dividing a 2 digit number by a 1 didgit number
- *division problem solving
- Fractions - tenths, hundredths
- Equivalent, Simpyfying Fractions
- Adding & Subtracting Fractions
- Problem Solving Fractions
- Calculating Fractions of a quantity
- x3, x4, x6, x7, x8, x9, x7, x11 and x12
Science: States of matter
Geography: Volcanoes and Earthquakes
PSHE: How can we manage or feelings?
RE: Judaism- How important is it for Jewish people to do what God tells them to do?
Year 4 have PE on Monday and Friday.
On these days we ask that children come to school in their PE clothes rather than their school uniform.
Weather dependant they can wear their shorts and school coloured PE T- shirt and House PE sweatshirt. If the weather is cold, then track suit bottoms/leggings would be more suitable. Trainers are preferable to pumps as it is possible the children may be outdoors for lessons.
Long Term Plan
Times Table Practice
Times Table Songs
BugClub / Power Maths