Welcome to Year 4
Your teachers are Miss White (4W) and Mrs Culshaw (4C).
Your teaching assistants are Miss Barnett and Mrs Valente.
REMINDER: Please bring your musical instrument every Wednesday
Our topic this term is: What makes the Earth angry?
Our book we are studying in our writing is:
The focus for our main piece of assessed writing is to write a story from the point of view of one of the children or the captain.
- using a variety of verb forms correctly
- correct use of punctuation for speech
- apostrophe use- ommission or possession
- reviewing- conjunctions, adverbs, prepositions, descriptive techniques as well as the basic punctuation of full stops, capital letters, commas for lists, question marks and exclamation marks
This is the book our guided reading is based on for this half term.
We will be focussing on:
- clarifying vocabulary and terminology linked to the subject matter
- language and structure of a non-fiction text and how it contributes to menaing
- retrieve and record information from a non-fiction text
In maths this half term we will be:
- *multiplying and dividing by 10 and 100
- *multiplying and dividing by 0 and 1
- *multiplying and dividing by 6, 9, 7, 11 and 12
- *problem solving: addition and multiplication, mixed problems
- *written methods of multiplying: a 2 digit number by a 1 digit number
- *multiplying more than 2 numbers
- *dividing a 2 digit number by a 1 didgit number
- *division problem solving
- x6, x9, x7, x11 and x12
Science: sound and states of matter
Geography: Volcanoes and Earthquakes
PSHE: How can we manage or feelings?
RE: Judaism- How important is it for Jewish people to do what God tells them to do?
Year 4 have PE on Monday and Friday.
On these days we ask that children come to school in their PE clothes rather than their school uniform.
Weather dependant they can wear their shorts and school coloured PE T- shirt and House PE sweatshirt. If the weather is cold, then track suit bottoms/leggings would be more suitable. Trainers are preferable to pumps as it is possible the children may be outdoors for some lessons.
Long Term Plan
As we are now in a national lock down, your child will be able to access their remote learning here.
There are links to useful resources and games that can be clicked to enable children to access their learning at home.
Our Live lessons for the week are:
Monday 18th January
Wednesday 20th January
Friday 22nd January
Please follow the zoom link in the letter emailed on Friday- please note it is different from the previous week's link.
Times Table Practice
Times Table Songs
BugClub / Power Maths